Check out the information below and please share if you know someone who might want to be part of our team!
Position Description – Site Assistant
The ideal candidate is interested in the renovation industry, enjoys being around people, and embraces life with a positive attitude. This position reports to our Site Supervisor, a Red Seal Journeyman Carpenter, so it’s a great opportunity for someone looking to develop construction skills.
The Site Assistant will help the Site Supervisor to ensure that all renovations run smoothly and to the standard set by I Know A Guy Renovations. They will ensure steady flow of work by prepping each site for trades and completing necessary work between trades.
- Prepare Job Site
- Install and Maintain Lawn Signs
- Dust control, floor and wall protection
- Daily Site Maintenance
- Ensure site is clean and vacuumed, and site is secured at end of each day
- On site to open for trades
- Receive material orders
- Opportunities to learn:
- Framing – Frame interior and exterior walls, subfloor and back frame
- Drywall – Drywall, tape, vapour barrier, insulate.
- Fixture installation – Install towel bars, shelving, built in units, medicine cabinets etc.
- Renovation System – How a renovation can run smoothly when systemized and well planned.
- Renovation Trades – How trades are sequenced to create a great renovation outcome, how they work together towards a common goal.
- Daily Record Keeping
- Maintain record of daily tasks
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- Construction Skills/Requirements
- Direct construction experience is great, but not required. If you’re eager, we’ll teach you the skills you need.
- Attention to detail
- High standard of quality and cleanliness
- Ability to lift 50lb
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Service Experience
- Experience with and desire to work with people
- Communication Skills
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally with clients, trades and team
- Attitude and Behaviour
- Self-starter, motivated, enthusiastic
- On time, ready and excited for the day
Daytime hours Monday to Friday. We can be flexible if the right person for this job will be returning to school in the fall. Starting wage is $15 – $17 per hour based on skills and experience.
Applicants can send a resume, including references and a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.